Monday, July 30, 2012

Good-bye, Dad

My father lost his battle with Alzheimer's this morning after years of torment from it. He's now in a much better place where he won't ever forget how to form a sentence or be totally confused by everything around him ever again. I know this is definitely for the best, but I miss him so much already. The thing is, he was already gone awhile ago -- the disease took his brain away a broken neuron at a time over the span of years. Even so, even though this guy I just spent months with was a shadow of my father, I find myself absolutely reeling from the huge void he's left behind.



Alzheimer's is just a horrible disease; I'm so glad he's finally free of it.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry for your Loss Cindy. Even though like you said, he's in a better place, it's still hard for those of us left behind.
    You'll be glad going forward, that you were there for him at the end. It's little comfort for the pain you feel now but you will feel better with time.
    If you need to talk, feel free to email me.
    Been there, done that with my Hub's mom.

    Give yourself some time to grieve and heal.
    Hugs,
    sluggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete